Tuesday, September 18, 2007

5

I loved the exercise that we did in class. I thought it was a great idea to see what our classmates thought on our thesis statement. It is very helpful to get their ideas to be focused on your essay so you can make it better. I changed my entire thesis from my original paper, and the ideas that they gave me complemented this new thesis. It will be a complete different essay from the first draft. What will stay the same will be the points I will use to prove my thesis. I will still use the same rhetorical devices but I will simply come to a different conclusion. Although my new thesis is much more difficult to prove, I feel that it exemplifies my ideals and thoughts on the interview as opposed to a thesis which I found easy to write (as was my first draft). Originally I had said that Klosterman did this interview to prove that she was not self aware, which I completely agree. However; I am now saying that she is not only self aware, but that Klosterman wanted to prove how society is obsessed with pop culture(including himself) and how artists use that to their advantage whether its by creating a scandal or just denying the truth. I will still use many of the arguments that I put on my original essay but I will modify them into this new point of view.

No comments: